Child Sexual Abuse (CSA)
Campaign Workforce Briefing Events
As part of a year-long campaign, Bournemouth & Poole Local Safeguarding Children Board, Dorset Safeguarding Children Board and the NSPCC are working in partnership to prevent CSA and to safeguard children from abuse.
The Campaign, which forms part of the LSCBs’ wider strategy tackling child sexual abuse, aims to encourage parents, carers and professionals to have conversations with children in an age-appropriate way, from an early age about how to stay safe from sexual abuse, and how to report any concerns, using the NSPCC’s Underwear Rule (also known as PANTS).
10 briefing sessions will be offered free of charge in various locations across Bournemouth, Dorset and Poole to equip multi agency front line staff with key skills and resources to be able to promote the PANTS preventative strategies with confidence and to respond effectively to any CSA disclosures or concerns that may be raised by children, families or staff members.
Briefing Sessions Outline
This briefing is designed to promote understanding of prevention and response strategies to Child Sexual Abuse utilising the PANTS resources from the NSPCC. This session is relevant to the following with a focus on the younger age range.
- Staff leading on safeguarding children in early years’ settings and first schools
- Staff working in Early Help services who interface with younger children and their families across partner agencies
- Newly qualified and established social workers
- Foster carers/adoptive parents
- Voluntary and community sector organisations working with younger children
- School nurses/health visitors
- Sports coaches and club organisers
- Make relevant practitioners from the multi- agency network aware of the CSA Awareness Raising campaign that will be running across Bournemouth, Dorset and Poole from May 2018 and into 2019, highlighting the partnership between the two Safeguarding Children Boards and the NSPCC. The objective will be to seek their active engagement and support with this by running sessions at their settings for children, parents/carers. The focus is to be on the younger age range initially and use of the PANTS resources from NSPCC with children, families, community members and staff, governors and trustees.
- Provide some key knowledge around CSA – promoting preventative inputs through early years’ providers, schools, parents and carers, basic knowledge on how to respond appropriately to disclosures/concerns from children, staff, parents and carers and how to make referrals/provide initial support.
- Provide campaign resources and sources of further information/advice
- Raise awareness that organisations may also get disclosures from their staff in relation to sexual abuse and how to manage this
- Build up a Pan-Dorset, Multi-agency Training Needs Analysis to identify and prioritise needs for further multi agency workforce training and enable a Training Plan to be developed and implemented
To download a booking form please click here Pan Dorset LSCBs CSA Awareness and Campaign Briefing Booking Form
To download a briefing outline please click here Pan Dorset LSCBs CSA Awareness and Campaign Briefing Outline
Upon receipt of your booking form the LSCB administrator will respond to confirm your place. Please do not attend unless you have received confirmation that you have been allocated a place at the briefing. Your course certificate will be sent to you via email once you have completed the evaluation form following the session.
Tea & coffee will be provided.
Terms and Conditions
The course is offered free of charge; however, course bookings must be cancelled at least two weeks before the course to avoid a cancellation charge of £25. A delegate has a 48-hour “cooling off period” in which to cancel their booking, without being subject to a cancellation charge. If a cancellation is not made within 48 hours of booking, then the admin fee will be payable if cancelled within the 28-day period prior to the course start date.
Tuesday 10th July 2018
Merley House, Merley House Lane, Wimborne BH21 3AA – Library Room
Monday 16th July 2018
Room 115, Bournemouth and Poole College, North Road, Poole, Dorset BH14 0LS
Tuesday 17th July 2018
Relate 2 Poundbury Business Centre, Poundbury, Dorchester DT1 3WA – Penfold Suit
Wednesday 26th September 2018 – Bournemouth venue tbc
Tuesday 2nd October x2 2018 – North Dorset venue tbc
Tuesday 9th October 2018 – Poole Venue tbc
Monday 15th October 2018 – Christchurch venue tbc
Tuesday 6th November x2 2018 – West Dorset Venue tbc
For more information please contact: Bournemouth and Poole LSCB – 01202 458873