Website Menu
LSCB, Bournemouth Learning Centre, Ensbury Avenue, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH10 4HG
01202  458873

Children & Young People

If you are a child or young person, this part of the website is for you. Welcome!

Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)

Any concerns regarding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people are dealt with by the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)

Please use the contact details according to where the child normally lives:

Bournemouth MASH – 01202 458101 or

Poole MASH – 01202 735046 or

Dorset MASH – 01202 228866 or

Who can I contact for support?

Are you worried and need advice or someone to talk to? An adult you trust will listen, and be able to help. This could be a member of your family, teacher of a family friend.

You can also talk to someone at Childline, this is a confidential helpline for children and young people. You can contact Childline by phone, email, text or via a message board. To phone, call 0800 1111. They have a video that shows you what happens when you contact them and lots of ideas and information about keeping safe. Their website is at

Pages In This Section

Outside office hours – The Out of Hours Team operates an out of hours service. The Out of Hours service is an emergency only response with the social worker available to provide a response where the needs of the child indicate this. To contact the out of hours service, please call 01202 657279.

Please also see our Links and sources of support page for other help and people to talk to.

What is Abuse?

You may be hurt by an adult or another young person in many ways. Abuse can be any of the following:

Physical abuse – For when an adult deliberately hurts you, such as hitting, shaking, throwing etc.

Emotional abuse – This would happen, for instance, when a child is being unfairly blamed for everything all the time, or told they are stupid and made to feel unhappy.

Sexual abuse – An example of sexual abuse would be where a child has been forced to take part in sexual activities or in the taking of rude photos.

Neglect – If you’re not getting the important things you need, or you’re not being looked after properly by your parents or carers you might be experiencing neglect.

To find out more, please see Links and sources of support.

Are you concerned about another child who is being abused or mistreated?

If you are concerned that another child or young person is in an emergency situation you should contact the police urgently on 999.