Advice for Parents/ Carers
The internet is such an integral part of children’s lives these days. It opens up so many educational and social opportunities, giving them access to, quite literally, a world of information and experiences.
Whether on a computer at school, a laptop at home, a games console or mobile phone, children and young people are increasingly accessing the internet whenever they can and wherever they are.
As you would protect your child in the real world, you will want to make sure that they are safe whatever they are doing. Like learning to cross the road, online.
E-Safety skills are skills for life. If your child understands the risks and can make sensible and informed choices online, they can get the most from the internet and stay safe whilst doing so – particularly from those people who might seek them out to harm them.
See what we are telling Children/Young People on this website:
Also, see these useful websites;
- Internet Matters www.internetmatters.org
- UK Safer Internet Centre www.saferinternet.org.uk
- Safety Net website www.safetynetkids.org.uk
- Think U Know www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents
- Parenting in the Digital Age www.pitda.co.uk
- Childnet www.childnet-int.org
- BBC Webwise – Your kids Internet safety
- Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre www.ceop.police.uk/safety-centre
- NSPCC Online Safety NSPCC Online Safety